Happy 2013 everyone! How was your New Years? Have you started (or stopped already?? :P) your resolutions yet? My New Years was pretty tame considering the past three years I’ve gone out with my girlfriends and did the big to-do in Washington DC. We bought expensive tickets, spent nights in hotel rooms and got all gussied up. This year I spent the weekend with the bf’s family who flew in from across the country. It was a great weekend aside from being a bit grumpy and bf (and most of his fam) were sick. I loved spending time with his sister and her kids as well as his warm and witty grandparents. I don’t have an extended family (like, at all) so I feel so blessed to have been welcomed this past month visiting his family. This got me thinking of all the wonderful things I was able to do this year:
I traveled on an amazing cruise with S to the Mediterranean.
Met my bf.
Spent more time with my family.
Went to Vegas with my besties.
Got a new position at my agency.
Cut down my first real Xmas tree.
And finally….I attended my first Crossfit class at Crossfit South Arlington (and loved it 🙂 )
2012 was a really great year and I cannot wait to see what 2013 holds. I want to do even more amazing things. I know putting them in writing will help me keep these goals so here is what I got in mind!
- Completed in the fall- no pumpkin patch or apple picking, but did carve pumpkins.
- Go to a couple amusement parks.
- Travel. I am going to South Africa in April with S and I would love to go somewhere nice with the bf.
- See play at Lincoln theater.
- Run a (nother) 5k.
- Take niece/nephew somewhere for the day.
- Try 3 new restaurants.
- Find some kind of hobby.
- Start a memory jar.
- Volunteer more.
- Spend even more time with family.
- Meditate/stress less (on my way! downloaded an app for guided meditation!)
- Lose weight and get toned…
- And on that note- join crossfit!!
This is a lot, but I have a whole year to do it! What are some of your goals for 2013?
Rock on lovers 🙂