Hello and happy almost-weekend Lovers! I have been crazy busy (as always it seems!) and super stressed. I have been
attempting but procrastinating studying hard for a test I have to take Saturday for a job I applied to- and will hopefully get! I am really nervous- even though I started a new position a couple months ago, this one is even closer to what I really want to do with my background in Forensic Psychology. But enough about stress! I wanted to mention my awesome weekend prior to last weekend where I was lucky to spend a couple days at my best gf’s moms house in the country near WV! It was very peaceful and tranquil, her house welcoming and warm, and I had such an enjoyable time. Even though it was chilly and rained, I still enjoyed communing with nature and getting away from the city for a bit. They were such gracious and kind hosts I cant wait to visit again! Hopefully this time it’ll be a bit warmer and rain-less!
Since my last couple of posts were a bit lengthy, I thought I would make this one a simple ‘What I hate/what I love post’. So here ya go! Some things I’ve been loving, loathing, trying and tossing. Maybe I’ll make this a regular post?!
- Veggies. Been craving broccoli and carrots recently. No idea why but I’m sure my body loves it!
- Farmers Market- there is one right next to my work every Thursday. They have great apples and my favorite apple butter, plus a gelato stand!
- New workout challenges
- Injury- pulled quad. If you follow me on twitter (@Shortqtpie) You know I pulled my quad muscle really bad playing soccer a couple weeks ago. I have never pulled a muscle this bad- I literally hobbled off the field in tears. Thankfully it is almost all better today!
- Forced exercise regime (see above- no insanity, walking only)
- Studying- It just gets harder the older I get to discipline myself to study.
- Paleo diet- since when do I not try something new? I LOVE my oatmeal and miss it so. But so far so good! The hardest has been giving up dairy- slowly but surely.
- Coconut flour- its an approved flour on the paleo diet, and I have been making coconut flour everything- cookies, pancakes, you name it.
- Fish parenting. I’m sad to report that Sultan Carlos Finnegan did not survive the weekend I was in WV. Sad Face 😦
What are you loving/loathing, tossing/trying recently?
Wish me luck this weekend! I will definitely need it!!
Rock on lovers 🙂